Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A New Name, a New Life

Our ship, the Lachme, was able to limp into a dock at a planet. I do not remember the planet's name. I spent several hours contemplating the holocron and had the wookie aid me in devising a more suitable weapon. Our fight with the snow beast has shown me that I must learn to draw upon my anger to be a more effective warrior. The holocron warns against it, but many of it's feeble warnings seem based on the culture of the offworld Jedi. I will say this, I now believe that the "Force" and my abilities are one in the same. Where before I needed my carvings and thought that the trees provided my powers, I have now realized that my abilities come from within. The weapon I had the wookie make is a Glaive and I feel that it will accent my abilites to greater effect.

We landed at the spacedock, and our cargo was delievered to the appropriate party. While repairs were being made to the ship, Flash, Dish, and I went out to visit the town. Eventually we made it into a bar which had an Ithorian bartender. I tried to provoke him to discover if the information I have about ithorian culture is correct. It is; Ithorians are apparently pacifistic (but will defend themselves) and are viewed as not wanting to rock the boat so to speak. This perception can be used to my advantage I think. Dish will pass due to his being a Jedi, but Flash... I will have to come up with something for Flash. Apparently the Republic, some sort of Galactic over-government, is at war with the Sith Empire. The Sith are Force-users who reject the Jedi culture.

During our time at the Bar, a fight broke out. They employ a human adolecent to check for "changlings", a creature that apparently can mimic the shape of others. These changlings are allies of the Sith. Anyway, this adolecent checked me. This check caused pain, and I did not know what he was doing, so I reacted as if I had been attacked. Dish and Flash joined in; the human was almost slain before I figured out the misunderstanding and stopped the fight.

Heading back to the ship we contacted a shady looking fellow to return his rayon cargo. A meeting was scheduled and the exchange took place. The obvious criminal first tried to low-ball our price and then tried to turn our datapad into a bomb. We will have to keep an eye out for him later. i really must get better about remembering names.

Our final cargo stop was at a "core world" called Kuat, which seemed to be a giant shipyard. There we dropped off some metals to a "Commander" who was also a Jedi. At this time the decision was made to transfer ownership of the Lachme to me under a new name. I will now be known as Far Zarna. The "Commander" seemed suspicious of our lies but ultimately let it happen. From Kuat, we went on to Coruscant.

Dish, Jotha, and Jacob Lightspeed went off to the Jedi Temple to do Jedi things, leaving Flash, the Wookie, and I to our own devices. I went to a government clerk's office to legitimize the Far Zarna name; I had to work with her mind a bit, but things turned out ok. Next I stopped by a book store and picked up texts on economics, corporation management, trading, exchange laws, and transportation codes. The Wookie and I have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment